Ofsted Inspection 2021 Rated: GOOD
It is with great pleasure that we share with you a summary of our latest Ofsted Report. We are very proud that Poulton-le-Sands C of E Primary school is one of the first local Primary schools to be graded as good under Ofsted’s new inspection framework. The recent inspection in December 2021 has confirmed the school to be ‘Good’ in all areas.
Below is a summary of some of Ofsted’s findings:
- Pupils enjoy being at school. They said, ‘We like coming to school and it is the best!’
- All pupils learn from our ambitious curriculum which covers a broad range of subjects.
- Our curriculum plans enable pupils from Early Years to Year 6 to learn securely.
- Our Pupils love reading and across school the children learn to read fluently, including those with SEND. The phonics programme and well-matched reading books enable pupils to read successfully and confidently.
- The high expectations for behaviour mean that school is a calm and orderly place.
While we are very proud of these findings, at Poulton-le-Sands C of E Primary school we are extremely committed to ensuring that the school continues to go from strength to strength so that we can continue to improve the learning of all pupils.
Should you wish to see our Ofsted report, please click here
As a sanctuary of Christian love, we forge futures in our community. We inspire a joy of learning and a delight in one another. In faith, we are refined through challenge, growing with God, together.
The light shines in the darkness and the darkness shall not overcome it.
John 1 v.5
Poulton-le-Sands Christian Values
Compassion, Thankfulness, Friendship, Forgiveness, Hope, Peace and Trust.