PE & Sport Grant
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding of £320 million per annum to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to the primary school to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Each school will receive £16,000 plus an extra £10 per pupil. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and Sport that is offered. This means it should be used to develop or add to the PE and Sport activities that school already offers. As well as make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
Our school vision for sport and healthy lifestyles Poulton-le-Sands will support excellence in PE through developing children’s physical skills, promoting a healthy active lifestyle, providing the opportunities to engage in competitive activities, whilst promoting teamwork and a sense of fair play, and developing the enjoyment of physical activity through a creative and high quality curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities.
Please click the link below to show our
The link below shows the government website for further information:
Schools should use the premium to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators.
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils, for example
- Increased participation in competitive sport